Wayne Dalton Garage Doors emphasizes safety throughout its lineup of doors from steel carriage house styles to custom wooden doors and fiberglass creations. And, with curb appeal vital to residential lifestyles, nothing is left off when it comes to styling. These quality doors perform in demanding conditions and make a design statement in your Janesville WI area home at the same time.
Wayne Dalton Commits to Safety
The largest, bulkiest moving object in the home, the doors on the garage must operate smoothly, safely with every pass. Today?s family relies upon the garage?s main door as its primary access to the house more often than not. A standard door is likely to open/close 1,000 times a year. With all those potential risks, safety features are built into every model, including:
- Pinch-resistant Panel Joints ? engineered to push fingers out of the way should they get too close.
- Tamper-resistant Brackets ? bottom brackets connected to door springs that are under extreme tension are protected from improper loosening or adjustment.
- Exclusive TorqueMaster? Plus Counterbalance ? A Wayne Dalton exclusive system that contains garage door springs inside a steel tube. High-toque springs incased in a metal tube look better and are safer as they?re protected from dirt and grime. If one breaks, there?s an anti-drop safety system to keep the door in place when it?s up.
No matter how many safety features are built into any moving part, nothing is perfectly safe without people paying attention to their surroundings. Consider these important door safety suggestions:
- Never place fingers anywhere near the joints connecting door panels ? and make sure children understand how dangerous it can be.
- Be sure everyone knows how to operate the door?s emergency release.
- On a monthly basis review the door?s springs, rollers, cables and pulleys for wear or damage. NEVER try to remove or repair these parts on your own. They are under high-tension and can be dangerous ? leave adjustments to trained professionals with experience and the right tools.
Test Garage Door Safety Features
All top manufacturers include safety features with their door installations. These features should be reviewed and tested regularly. To be sure the door works correctly, test these elements:
- PHOTO SAFETY EYE? a feature specifically to protect children, sensors are set 4 to 6 inches off of the floor. To check function, slide a long-handled implement through the electronic beam as the door is closing. The door should stop and reverse immediately when the light beam is interrupted. If not, have the photo eye adjusted and/or repaired.
- AUTO-REVERSE? test if its operating properly by putting a 2 x 4 board flat on the floor beneath the light beam so the door comes down on top of it. When the door touches ? it shouldn?t take much pressure ? it should automatically reverse. If it doesn?t or hits the board hard before reversing, repair or adjustment is advised.
TIP FROM A PRO ? If your opener is older than a 1993 model, replace it with one with safety beams and auto-reverse as a standard feature. Older models didn?t have to comply with new laws.
Wisconsin Weather Threatens Buildings
When deciding upon a door for a new garage or to replace an older model, Janesville?s weather is easily overlooked. The force of prevailing winds, sudden pressure changes and summer storms pose a serious threat to structures and their moving parts. The wrath of the weather was unleashed on Southern Wisconsin this spring and buildings suffered top to bottom.
Many Wayne Dalton models feature wind load-rated reinforcements. Those with a Windsafe? logo comply with an assortment of approval agencies and those with an ImpactTM logo are certified as impact resistant. Impact resistant doors have been proven to stop a 9 lb. 2?4 board moving at 50 feet per second. And many of the most popular doors in the lineup can be upgraded to wind load status.
Call on the Pros for Premium Doors
Remodeling magazine reports homeowners recouping as much as 85% of their investment when they upgrade to a new door for their garage ? sometimes more than 100%. Return on investment coupled with curb appeal is a significant factor in home ownership. National realtor groups agree: an attractive garage facade makes a statement. No matter the style or material, distinctive Wayne Dalton doors make a lasting first impression.
Time-tested, reliable doors on your garage are vital in today?s home. Country Door Systems fields a team of professionals ready to provide expert installation, repair and maintenance for the best doors, door openers and related accessories in Southern Wisconsin.
Call Country Door Systems at 608-752-9537 for your next garage door and put a Wayne Dalton door in your Janesville WI home.