All four versions of Clopay’s Coachman garage doors deliver the charm of wood and the practicality of steel. Each is crafted from multiple layers of durable, low-maintenance steel plus a layer of insulation. In addition, each is topped by a wood grain textured composite overlay. When you want to add the appeal of an old-fashioned, swing-out garage door to your Janesville WI home, check out one of the Coachman doors.
There are four series within the Coachman collection. Each displays basic design features including:
- Four standard factory-applied paint and overlay colors – in addition, you can mix overlay and base colors to create custom finishes.
- Several window glass options including clear, seeded, rain, obscure, frosted and insulated.
- Clip-in window grilles – easy to remove for cleaning.
- Standard spade lift handles and step plates plus custom decorative hardware options.
Each of the four series of Coachman garage doors features the same construction strengths, including:
- Four distinct layers of construction in each steel carriage house-style door.
- Insulation options include 2-inch “Intellicore® polyurethane, 2-inch polystyrene or 1 3/8-inch polystyrene. R-value ranges from 6.5 to 18.4.
- Steel skins protected by a hot-dipped galvanized steel layer topped with a baked-on primer and top coat.
For special situations and added strength, each is available with Clopay’s Windcore® garage door reinforcement system for high wind load situations.
On the bottom edge of each door is a vinyl weather seal that’s replaceable as it wears. And, each door features corrosion-resistant aluminum retainers to protect against the elements.
Coachman Garage Doors – Warmer, Quieter, Stronger
The manufacturer’s motto for its Coachman garage doors is: Warmer, quieter, stronger. Its Intellicore insulation technology revolves around an exclusive polyurethane foam injected into the garage door. It expands to fill the entire steel structure. The dense insulation not only provides significant R-value, it makes the door stouter and quieter.
Warmer – Insulated garage doors keep your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
Quieter – dense, sound-absorbing foam not only makes the garage door’s operation quieter, it filters out external noises. The recorded sound from a standard non-insulated garage door commonly comes in at about 96 decibels. An Intellicore door measures 80 decibels. Does a difference of 16 decibels really make much difference? It certainly does. Decibels don’t relate one-to-one. The result actually shows the insulation makes the Intellicore doors appear to your ear as 3-times quieter!
Strength – incorporating the Intellicore system each garage door section tests out to be nearly twice as strong as polystyrene insulated sections of the same thickness. Making a door more rigid helps it stand up to daily wear.
The doors’ composite overlays and base steel come in standard colors of White, Almond, Desert Tan and Sandstone. Mixed and used in combination they create custom looks. They feature the “look of wood and the ease of steel,” according to designers.
Carriage-style Doors – The Most Popular Choices
The standard Clopay Coachman doors come in four different carriage house series encompassing 15 different door models. Sizes range from 6 feet wide to 16 feet wide. They are easily customized to fit because of their unique 3-inch panel structure. Each series has its own, distinctive benefits, including:
- Series One – known for its sophisticated simplicity. Providing an elegant look to architectural styles like Mission, Shaker and Prairie. Available with rectangular, square and arched windows or a solid top.
- Series Two – promoting the popular “country flair” with full- and half-crossbuck panels accompanied by square, rectangular or arched windows.
- Series Three – ideal for today’s Country French and Victorian home styles these fully-enclosed door panels provide maximum privacy. Crossbuck panels are available as accents with square or arched-top sections.
- Series Four – a version especially popular for its clean, contemporary lines. It features simple, good-looking horizontal lines that allow the garage door to blend with the overall architecture of the house. And, even though it blends well, it still stands out with its hallmark carriage house styling.
You want a garage door that is not only state-of-the-art in engineering, manufacturing and the latest technology, but looks great, too, right? With 15 different adaptations within the Coachman line, there’s a way to create a look that’s unique to your home.
‘Install’ A Coachman Garage Door Virtually
Can you look at pictures on line and in brochures and really envision what something as massive as a garage door will look like on your home? Probably not. But, with Clopay, you have a better option. It is available from anywhere. Clopay has a unique feature on its website that allows you to virtually put one of its doors on an image of your own home. It’s not magic, but it’s close. Check out the Clopay Door Imagination System.
When the time is right, County Door Systems’ factory-trained, experienced technicians will make sure your new door and door opener is installed right. You can rely upon its people and its products. Country Door Systems repairs, installs and stands behind a long list of garage doors, garage door openers and garage door accessories. Do you need to replace a garage door or want to upgrade to the latest style? Take advantage of our wide service area and decades of experience. Call or email Country Door Systems at 608-752-9537 and let us introduce you to the complete line of Coachman garage doors for your Janesville, WI area home.